The removal cartons are full, the furniture has been gathered and packed, the removal van has been ordered and still you have the impression that you have forgotten something important?
Should you move house but retain your old place of residence, you need to declare which is your primary abode.
All information refers to the change of your principal place of residence. The principal place of residence cannot be freely chosen. Rather the principal place of residence is that which is primarily used and where you actually stay the most compared to one or more other places of residence.
Should you be married and not permanently live separately from your family, your primary place of residence is that which is primarily used by your family. The same applies to registered civil partnerships.
The primary place of residence of minors is that which is normally used by their parents or guardians.
In cases of doubt, the place where your life relationships are primarily based is your principal place of residence. Any additional place of residence in Germany is deemed to be a secondary (or second) place of residence.
To the procedures and services
- Applying for a permit for subsidised housing
- Applying for change of vehicle registration
- Changing the address of a business
- Changing your address on the hunting license
- Changing your school district
- Deregistering a business
- Deregistering the dog license fee
- Moving home: taking your telephone connection with you or de-registration/new registration
- Name Change in the Vehicle Registration Certificate and Vehicle Title
- Notification of changes in the health insurance company
- Notification of changes the institution of higher education
- Place of residence - notification of change of principal abode
- Registering a business
- Setting up a prohibition of stopping zone
- Training support - notifying the Federal Office of Administration of changes to personal details
- Waste Disposal/Refuse Collection